What Skills or qualifications do I need?
- You need to have a genuine interest in
supporting people of all ages and backgrounds and
an openness to their differences and individual needs.
- Some volunteer roles need qualifications such as
a driving licence or therapy certificate.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. We have no upper age
What's in it for me?
- You can enjoy being part of a thriving, friendly
- You will have the chance to meet new people.
- You will have the satisfaction knowing your contribution counts.
- You will be paid travelling expenses.
- You will be insured while you are on hospice duties.
- You will free, relevant training.
- You will be invited to social events.
How much time do I need to give?
You can give a couple of hours occasionally or a few hours a week, depending
when you are available and what tasks you want to do.
What would I do?
Volunteers help in the hospice, in our shops and with fundraising activities
There is something for everyone including:-
- Driving patients to and from day care.
- Helping at a fête or car boot sale.
- Helping at a coffee morning.
- Assisting the nurses in day care.
- Providing reception services.
- Helping with street collections.
- Hairdressing therapy.
- Helping in one of our shops.
- Bereavement support.
- Providing support in patients homes.
- Helping with administration.
- Helping to provide our patients meals.
To register your interest with volunteering please